Why the "where NOT EXISTS" does not work?

From: C Chang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:19:05 -0400

I have 2 tables say A_table, B_table. They both have some common columns. The A_Table has some rows that with the column not appearing in B_table. I tried to use following to find out what appears in A_talbe but not in B_table.
  select a
  from A_table
  where NOT EXISTS
  ( select a
    from B_table
    where ..);
and it always return 0 row. What went wrong? Need Help Thanks.

C Chang Received on Tue Oct 23 2001 - 22:19:05 CDT