Connect to Oracle 7.3 db with OCI8

From: Ruud van den Brink <prutser_at_stress.utwente.nl>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:50:59 +0200

Hi Folks,

I set up the appropriate libraries to get an Oracle client working under Linux.
I set up the TNSNAMES file, etc. I can connect perfect to an Oracle 8 database using Linux SQL+ and also using PHP.

However, I also want to connect to an Oracle 7 database. A connection to the Oracle 7 database results in an "ORA-01005: null password given;" error, both in SQL+ and PHP. I _do_ supply a username and password, and they're both correct (If I change one of them, the error message changes to username/password incorrect). Again: connecting to an Oracle 8 database works _perfect_ with the same configuration.

Does somebody have a solution??

Regards,
Ruud. Received on Tue Oct 23 2001 - 16:50:59 CDT