Problem with ODBC-Connection to remote server (Client tools?)

From: Andrei Scheibner <andrei_at_buffalo-as.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:01:55 +0200

Hello,
I am trying to connect to the Oracle 8.1.5 Server in my college. When I want to create a ODBC-DSN I get an error message saying, that no client and networking components are installed on my client computer. Client tools like SQL+ and so on are installed on a connected network drive. Should the connection already work in this situation, or have the client components to be installed on the client itself? What in special do I have to install to make the connection work (basic requirements)? Does a JDBC connection require the same components as the ODBC connection? Do these client components also include the OLEDB provider from Oracle?

Andrei

--

Name: Andrei Scheibner Homepage: http://www.buffalo-as.de Mail: andrei_at_buffalo-as.de