Re: db link doesn't work within a trigger

From: Jim Lyons <jlyons_at_weblyons.com>
Date: 22 Oct 2001 08:22:03 -0700

mike.haegele_at_btignite.de (Mike Haegele) wrote in message news:<adee11fe.0110220120.42ed0965_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to use a db link within a trigger and it doesn't work.
> Optionaly I've wrote a stored procedure with the db link call and used
> this procedure with the trigger and it doesn't work too.
> If I test the db link with a single sql statement it works.

What are the authorizations on the various objects, such as the tables (both the one with the trigger and the one linked to), trigger, and link involved and even the users on the different databases? Whenever I have had something like this happen to me, either in Oracle or in some other system with a mixture of permissions, it's been caused by someone somewhere not having the authorization to do something to one of the objects.

Jim Lyons

UT Austin Received on Mon Oct 22 2001 - 10:22:03 CDT