Re: Accessing file from Java Stored Procedure

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 22 Oct 2001 06:41:45 -0700

In article <3bd409d7$0$28676$6e365a64_at_newsreader02.highway.telekom.at>, "Heber says...

>Hallo,
>
>I'm new to java stored procedures, and I'm having a problem I can't find the
>answer to in the docs. I want to access a file on the harddisk from a java
>stored procedure. When opening the file I get an exception that says I have
>no premission to do this. From the OS I do have permission though, so I
>suspect I have to grant something in the database. But what ? Or where do
>I find information about this in the manual ?
>
>Any answers are greatly appreciated.
>
>Heber

read about dbms_java in the java guides.

see
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:952229840241 for an example.

If you are interested, I have a chapter on this (writing java stored procedures) in my book. Covers this and other need to know items.