Re: db link doesn't work within a trigger

From: Wilco Oosterom <w.oosterom_at_cjib.minjus.nl>
Date: 22 Oct 2001 06:21:55 -0700

mike.haegele_at_btignite.de (Mike Haegele) wrote in message news:<adee11fe.0110220120.42ed0965_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to use a db link within a trigger and it doesn't work.
> Optionaly I've wrote a stored procedure with the db link call and used
> this procedure with the trigger and it doesn't work too.
> If I test the db link with a single sql statement it works.
>
> Has anybody any suggestion?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mike

Mike,

Be sure the user who "triggers" the trigger can see the DBlink, otherwise it will not work. I don't know the DB-version you use, but as stated above "public" works normally. Look in your version documentation on the variations of db-links available to you, perhaps you find a more restricted one that works. Received on Mon Oct 22 2001 - 08:21:55 CDT