Advice on VMS/SAN/Oracle needed

From: Wilco Oosterom <w.oosterom_at_cjib.minjus.nl>
Date: 22 Oct 2001 03:05:58 -0700

Hello,

In our current production environment we have 11 7.3.2.3.2 databases running on VMS 7.1-2 (old certified setup). Because we run into limitations of our servers our VMS group decided
(against our wishes) to upgrade VMS to version 7.2-2 running in
heterogeneous cluster, with the same old 7.3.2.3.2 Oracle software. They also want to implement SAN (Storage Area Network) in this cluster.

Since I am not able to find/locate anyone running such a combination
(I know it is not certified, but the compaq engineer states it is
running on several locations around the world). Could you point me to any possible pitfalls, do's/dont's, problems to watch out for?
Upgrade of Oracle is not possible before January 2002.

Thanks in advance,

Wilco Oosterom Received on Mon Oct 22 2001 - 05:05:58 CDT