How to startup database automatically?

From: Deniko <deniko_momoto_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2001 11:50:09 -0700

Hi,

I'm a newbie on Oracle. I've just installed Oracle8i EE 8.1.7 on my Win2K machine. I notice everytime I reboot the machine, I've to use 'sqlplus', and login as internal to startup the database (Even all the required Oracle services in the service panel are started).

If I don't perform this step, The error message is : ORA-01034 Oracle not available
ORA-27101 shared memory realm does not exist

Is there a way to just start the database automatically instead of doing it manually each time?

Thanks for the help!
Deniko Received on Thu Oct 18 2001 - 13:50:09 CDT