Install Linux client

From: Michael Velten <michael.velten_at_reno.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:21:16 +0200

Hi there,

I know this question have been asked several times but all answers I could find assume that you have an Oracle-CD. Unfortunately I don't have one and furthermore I can't download the approximately 520 MB large Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release (for Linux).

So I was wondering if there isn't any way to download just the needed files to install the client under Linux to connect (over Perl) to the Oracle database (8.0.5) running on WinNT. I searched the Oracle homepage but don't know what to pick up.

I also read about installing only (or at least without Pro*C) with the file "oracle.mk" but I couldn't find this file as well.

Does anyone know what to do and can explain it to me or point me to the right place.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Received on Thu Oct 18 2001 - 07:21:16 CDT