Re: Storage Parameters for Indexes

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:44:50 +0100

"DBA-Jim" <jbizzaro_at_jackpot.com> wrote in message news:d612576.0110171555.70e1fa60_at_posting.google.com...
> Hello DBAers,
>
> I'm rebuilding all my Oracle tables with more suitable storage
> parameters. In regards to the storage parameters for indexes, will
> they use the storage parameters I specified for the table or do I need
> to create separate storage parameters for each?

Yes you do need to specify the storage parameters seperately. they are after all different segments in, most often, different tablespaces.

However. Best practice would suggest you set storage parameters at the tablespace level, not at the object level. You should also set initial=next with pctincrease 0 for all tablespaces. This way you will not encounter fragmentation. ever.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA