Trigger Question - update a last_modified field

From: John Harris <John.Harris_at_nurs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 01:40:18 -0600

I would like to create a row-level trigger for a table which occurs each time the a row is updated. For instance, if any column changes then the last_modified field gets updated with sysdate.

Can I use something like (I know this isn't correct, but I haven't much experience with this):

begin
select sysdate into :new.last_modified from dual; end;
or maybe something like
begin
update table set table.last_modified=sysdate; end;

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Harris Received on Thu Oct 18 2001 - 02:40:18 CDT