newbie import/export basic problem, please help please

From: Yau-Kwan <yy59_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:14:49 -0400

Hi,

    I am totally new to the world of Oracle and have been in the last couple of months trying to bring up a back up Oracle server from the existing server.

I have made backups of all my data using exports and scripts that down the server and backs them up to an off site tape backup service. So all the data i have.

Both the current server and the new server im trying to bring up both have the same amount of drives, same amount of memory. The motherboard is different and the processors are different. The scsi cards are a little different as well.

I am running oracle off Windows NT server and IIS. The oracle server database serves as a back end for data imput from an ASP web page served by IIS. Can anyone suggest a pretty much step by step procedure on how to bring up the oracle server? I believe from the months of research and trial and errors that the indexes, tables, tablespaces, system files, and such reside on different drives of the server. I can pull all the data from the Production server.

I currently have the NT server running with IIS up and working. It is mirrored so that in case i mess up something I can restore it to the NT server with IIS running.

Windows NT server version 4.0 service pack 6.0a IIS version 4.0
Oracle 8.1.6

Also any recommended patches and any information is appreciated. Thank you. Received on Wed Oct 17 2001 - 10:14:49 CDT