oias 8i installation on red hat linux 7.1

From: Sandor Feher <sfeher_at_bluesystem.hu>
Date: 17 Oct 2001 05:44:40 -0700

Hi,

I have a well-working 8.1.6 instance on my Red Hat linux 7.1 (2.4.7). Now I decided to fire up the oias 8i onto the same machine. After some tricks the installer starts normally but at the Processing apache web server files it hangs.
(It's at 82 percent). As I saw it uses it's own jre even the installation doc said that jdk-1.1.8 is required. I've installed that and I've set the JRE_LOCATION variable but nothing has changed. It uses it's own jre.
Anyway I think the problem is the glibc again. I have not found anything useful about this problem in the forums 8-(. Maybe I'm the only one who has this problem 8(.
Any suggestions are welcome.

tia and bye.,Sanya

--
...Feher Sandor... mailto:fehers@freemail.hu http://w3.swi.hu/sfeher