Re: Startup via SQL Embedded

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.Wessman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 16 Oct 2001 14:42:55 -0700

IMO, this setup is a recipe for disaster. An application should never have the dba role, either internally or externally granted. Otherwise, an application error could corrupt the database.

Using the script run at boot time should suffice. If the database does not come up at that point, the odds are quite high that it will not come up when the application tries to start it.

                                  Rick

--
                                Rick Wessman
                                Security Assurance Group

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.