Re: reset connection

From: Dean Thompson <Dean.Thompson_at_csse.monash.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:36:08 +1000

Hi!,

> This is the problem:
> Host A open a connection to Host B and stay idle. after a amount of time
> and external source closes the connection without the knownledge of the
> Host A (like a firewall). Then , Host A tries again to comunicate with
> Host B but hangs up in the read() function.
>
> This is the problem that I'm having working with Oracle in a host behing a
> Firewall that closes the connections that are idle about 5 minutes.

Is it possible that you can implement some sort of "heart-beat" functionality which executes some request every 5 minutes to keep the network link active ?

See ya

Dean Thompson

| Dean Thompson              | E-mail  - Dean.Thompson_at_csse.monash.edu.au |
| Bach. Computing (Hons)     | ICQ     - 45191180                         |
| PhD Student                | Office  - <Off-Campus>                     |
| School Comp.Sci & Soft.Eng | Phone   - +61 3 9903 2787 (Gen. Office)    |
| MONASH (Caulfield Campus)  | Fax     - +61 3 9903 1077                  |
| Melbourne, Australia       |                                            |