Re: core_99999 directories

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.Wessman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 15 Oct 2001 07:26:42 -0400

Those directories are created when an Oracle process dumps core. "99999" is the ID of the process.

I have no idea why the directories would be empty, though. Maybe you ran out of disk space. Another possibility is that the dbs directory is not owned by Oracle. Since programs that are setuid cannot dump core in directories which they do not own, that could cause the problem.

Take a look in your log directory. If there are trace files with the same PID's, then the processes crashed but could dump core.

                                     Rick

--
                                Rick Wessman
                                Security Assurance Group

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.