Re: Seek Help: How to set Apache Server to point to my Personal Oracle's PLSQL Packages

From: Andy Hardy <newsmar01_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 18:25:18 +0100

In article <9q8ob4$mks$1_at_newton3.pacific.net.sg>, Seow Wee <chongseowwee_at_yahoo.com> writes
>I'm using Oracle 8i on Windows 98.. any more details.... I've already
>installed TomCat
>
>"Ban Spam" <ban-spam_at_operamail.com> wrote in message
>> "ST" <tansokching_at_hotmail.com> wrote in news:9q5gt7$4sc$1
>> @violet.singnet.com.sg:
>>
>> > Pls Help......
>> >
>> > I have a Personal Oracle 8i and has installed an Apache Web Server..
>> Have
>> > coded some PLSQL (packages) to be displayed on IE. How should I
>> configure
>> > the Apache Web Server so that I'm able to run my PLSQL packages from
>> IE??
>> >

>> You need some sort of "middleware"; such as Tomcat.
>>
>> In the future PLEASE include the Name & Version of your OS!

Surely Tomcat is for JavaServer Pages and Java servlets only?

You're talking about Oracle PL/SQL packages so presumably Web PL/SQL Toolkit? If so, you really need the mod_plsql module that comes with Oracles version of Apache i.e. with the standard and enterprise editions of Oracle 8i.

If not, then what are you actually asking for?

Andy

--
Andy Hardy. PGP ID: 0xA62A4849