ADO or ODBC Client Side Access to Oracle 8.1?

From: Marc Allen <marc.allen4_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 13:13:00 GMT

I have the option of client side access of using ADO or ODBC for client side access to Oracle 8.1. There is no legacy code to comply with and the client is running Win 2000. I am developing in C++ with MFC so the MFC database classes are available. I have hooked up the Oracle db both with test apps using ADO and ODBC without any problems. The client database access will involve about 20 to 30 tables that is being created and there is no legacy tables to be in sync with. My question is - is there a prefered client side access to Oracle 8.1 either by Oracle or db developers?

Thanks,

Marc Received on Sun Oct 14 2001 - 08:13:00 CDT