populate_group slow

From: Ehab Salem <ehabsalem_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2001 07:11:14 -0700

I am having 2 servers running SCO Unix 5.0.5 and oracle 7.3.4. Clients use D2K forms runtime. My problem is that the logon to the application on one machine takes a lot of time while on the other one it enters instantly. The two servers have exactly the same configuration. I traced this problem and found that
the command POPULATE_GROUP that gets the list of the menu options is the reason for this slow logon.
Please note that the logon to the database itself is fast, the problem is in the logon to the application. Received on Sat Oct 13 2001 - 09:11:14 CDT