Re: Help with Tablespace fragmentation

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 07:31:33 +1000

Excuse me??

The guy asks for advice on how to find out about tablespace fragmentation, and you give him a query that shows when a segment's acquired more than 1 extent.

You do know, I hope, that fragmentation has got precisely nothing to do with the number of extents a segment may have acquired?

If not you should. If yes, why post a pretty useless query?

Regards