OCI & keep-alive?

From: Antonio <aparaak_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:41:03 GMT

Hi Everybody,

I have made a program that works with Oracle thought the OCI. This program accept requests and reuses the oracle connections without problems. The connections are closed when the program finish. Perfect ... But!! my company has firewalls that close the TCP connections due to inactivity in time.
The problem is when the firewall has closed a connection, the program tries to check if the connection is alive launching a simple query (select sysdate from dual) and stop there. Doesn't do anymore.
I would like to know if there is any way to check if the connection is alive without launching a query. If the ORACLE has a similar method to keep-alive in HTTP request.

Thanks a lot. Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 10:41:03 CDT