SELECT ... LIKE 'ABC%' Problem

From: Stefan Wilke <Stefan_Wilke_at_mgb.man.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:04:33 GMT

Hello,

I have a problem with the like operator in a select statement.

In a table there is i.e. the namefield

Name

Stefan
Otto
Hugo

If I try to select data with the folowing Statement:

select name from <table> where name like 'St%'

Stefan is selectet.

but if I try :

slelect name from <table> where name like 'ST%' nothing is selectet

How do I force the like statement to work not case sensitive?

Thanks

Stefan Received on Wed Oct 10 2001 - 08:04:33 CDT