Losing characters on Import

From: Oscar Barlow <obarlow_at_metasolv.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2001 12:49:07 -0700

I have an export of a DMP file from Brazil that was done on Solaris using oracle 8.1.6. I run the import on Linux using oracle 8.1.7. All the characters unique to Portuguese where changed. For example, Não was changed to N?o. If I ran the import on Windows2000 using oracle 8.1.6, it worked fine.

Any suggestions? A bug in Linux/oracle?

Thanks,
Oscar Barlow
obarlow_at_metasolv.com Received on Wed Oct 10 2001 - 14:49:07 CDT