Re: Date problems

From: Xavier Neys <neysx_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:06:56 +0200

Bonjour,

It took you a while to realize that :-)

I suppose your problem is that dates are input as DD/MM/YY and stored with current century. Hence the 99 is stored as 2099.
You should and should have done that a long time ago use YYYY and have your users enter 4-digit dates to make sure there is no misunderstanding.
Alternatively you can use the format DD/MM/RR instead. I believe Oracle set the window at 49. So 00-49 becomes 20xx and 50-99 becomes 19xx.

Hope this helps,
Bonne chance,

--
Today, Tomorrow, Together
The DOC

PS: you should sign you messages. I usually do not answer to anonymous letters,
but [entre francophones] I can make an exeption.