Re: The infamous ORA-28576 "lost RPC connection" error

From: William Dangren <wdangren_at_navisent.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 02:25:44 GMT

Did you make any changes to your TNSNAMES file? Usually this error is from the program having trouble making the proper connection to the remote system. Check where the application is trying to connect to. Then try to validate the connection with the remote server (ping, telnet, rlogin, tnsping).

Bill