backing up redo log files.

From: Kevin S. Smith <ksmith_at_erieplating.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 16:27:49 -0400

I am using the tar command to copy my redo log files to tape using the following syntax:

FILES= ls /u04/archive/arc_*.dbf; Export FILES;

after restarting the archiver, I then use:

tar -rvf /dev/tapedevice $Files

I get the following:

tar -rvf /dev/nst0 $files

tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
[root_at_pmapp arch]#

I am far from a linux expert and would really like to get my backups on target If someone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Kevin Received on Mon Oct 08 2001 - 15:27:49 CDT