Which product?

From: Neil Truby <neil.truby_at_ardenta.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:43:50 +0100

I'm looking at Oracle 8 for a client which runs two large bought-in applications, one Financials and one warehousing. One of the things the client is interested in, funnily enough, is price. Oracle UK are not being terrificly helpful on this, but have directed me to a website where, given that I know the number of users etc, I ought to be able to calculate the costs.

However, I need to know whether the client wants, Standard or Enterprise edition. I have no idea, Again, I seem to be on my own so far as sales are concerned, as they seem unable to tell me. Does anyone have a precis of the differences, or a URL to a resource that lists them please?

The client isn't a Mickey Mouse site, it's a big operation, so I'd guess it's Enterprise. But it would be nice to be better informed!

Also, I apologise if the answer's obvious, or posted somewhere obvious.

thanks in anticipation

Neil Truby                       t:01932 724027
Director                         m:07798 811708
Ardenta Limited              e:neil.truby_at_ardenta.com