Re: SQL Loader logon

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:31:22 +0200

"dsmcd" <dsmcd_at_uswestmail.net> wrote in message news:djlw7.74$MO6.137706_at_news.uswest.net...

> >I assume you get ORA-1017, so just
> >use the correct username/password combination.
>
> Yes, I get ORA-1017, but username/password
> is correct in my sqlldr statement. Even changed
> password in security mgr just to make sure.
> Same result.
>
> I can log on database using PL/SQL Developer
> and DBA Studio using same user/pass as in
> the sqlldr statement.
>
> Hmm...
>
> Thx,
> D.

That particular user doesn't have SYSDBA privilege, accidentally? Not connecting as SYSDBA for an user with SYSDBA privilege is the only other reason to get 1017
If so you either need to add as SYSDBA, but better still remove the SYSDBA privilege from that user.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Oct 08 2001 - 12:31:22 CDT