The Connect role

From: Simon Cunningham <cs40_at_gre.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 15:55:24 +0100

If I want a user just to connect and look at data wouldnt it be just the connect role that they would be granted?

I have done this but when connecting as this account the user can still create tables. Tried revoking create table statement but comes back as ORA-01952: system privileges not granted to 'GUEST' Issued a

SIM>select granted_role from dba_role_privs where grantee='GUEST';

GRANTED_ROLE

CONNECT So What is exactly in CONNECT, and/or how do I stop users creating tables in the guest account.

Thanks in advance Received on Mon Oct 08 2001 - 09:55:24 CDT