Re: Help with creating db link

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 09:47:14 +0200

> After this, when I'm trying to execute
> select * from employee_at_netln;
> system says:
> ORA-02085: database link NETLN.WORLD connects to ORCL.WORLD
> and nothing else happens.

What does ORA-02085 tell us:

// *Cause: a database link connected to a database with a different name.

//  The connection is rejected.
// *Action: create a database link with the same name as the database it
//  connects to, or set global_names=false.

So do what "Action" tells you.

Regards,

Knut Received on Mon Oct 08 2001 - 02:47:14 CDT