Question about creating user and tablespace with Oracle 9.0

From: André Larouche <andre.larouche_at_bnc.ca>
Date: 5 Oct 2001 12:05:49 -0700

In Oracle 8.1.7, our application create users with those commands:

Script:
CREATE TABLESPACE USER_DATA ONLINE PERMANENT; Hard coded:
CREATE USER <USER> IDENTIFIED BY <PWD>;
ALTER USER <USER> DEFAULT TABLESPACE USER_DATA; ALTER USER <USER> TEMPORARY TABLESPACE USER_DATA;

The same hard coded command doesn&#8217;t work in 9.0.

The message is that a permanent table space cannot be used as temporary.

When I create the tablespace USER_DATA as following: CREATE TABLESPACE USER_DATA ONLINE TEMPORARY; We get the message that a default tablespace cannot be temporary. We don&#8217;t have the source code to modified the hard coded section. Is there a solution&#8230;. Received on Fri Oct 05 2001 - 14:05:49 CDT