Oracle8 Installation Problem

From: Neil Zanella <nzanella_at_garfield.cs.mun.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 14:09:00 -0230

Hello,

I am running Windows 2000 Pro and purchased the database book "Database Management Systems" by Ramakrishnan and Gehrke and it came with a CD containing "Oracle 8i Personal Edition Version 8.1.5". When I try to install the software by running setup.exe I get the following error message:

Invalid Staging Area. There are no top level components for Windows NT available for install from this staging area.

When I get this message the CD goes funny. The CD has a stain in it and so does the one I brought back for an exchange and I am afraid that this might be a manufacturing problem. Does anyone know what a staging area is? Is it some kind of sector on the CD?

I would be glad to hear from you if you have recommendations or if you happen to have been experiencing the same problem.

Thanks,

Neil Received on Fri Oct 05 2001 - 11:39:00 CDT