Apache Process in startup - how to stop

From: Joshua Birk <inkless_at_inkless.com>
Date: 5 Oct 2001 08:35:13 -0700

I recently installed Oracle 8i. I didn't even realized it came with Apache. I'm already running my web server needs seperately, and would prefer the Apache process (this is a Win2k box) not be running when I start the box/Oracle.

The real problem is that I can't kill the process (insert Windows rant) even once it's running. Windows says Access is Denied (again, Windows rant).

I also can't find it under services. It seemingly can't be killed. Does anyone know how to configure Oracle so that it won't start Apache?

thanks,

Josh Received on Fri Oct 05 2001 - 10:35:13 CDT