User-defined function question

From: Noah Arc <bowed_zombie_drone.spam.begone_at_zombie.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:30:39 +0100

I have a package, in which I've defined some functions.

I'm trying to use one of these functions in a cursor within one of the package's procedures, but keep getting error messages when I try & create the package:

"PLS-00320: the declaration of the type of this expression is
incomplete or malformed"

and

"PLS-00231: function <func name> may not be used in SQL"

The cursor statement in the procedure is thus:

CURSOR ccursor_name
(parameter IN VARCHAR2)
IS
  SELECT 'x'
  FROM table
  WHERE function(column) = function(parameter);

Thanks for any assistance. My guess is that you can't use user-defined functions in cursor declarations, but I'd be grateful of any clarification.

--
Noah Arc
Remove ".spam.begone"