Experience of Informix -> Oracle conversions

From: Neil Truby <neil.truby_at_ardenta.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:46:44 +0100

One of our clients, uncertain of the Informix product set future in the light of its sale to IBM, has asked us to evaluate the costs and benefits of migrating to another dmbs.

Because of the applications they run, the only viable candidates are DB2and Oracle.

Does anyone have any experience of an Informix -> Oracle conversion? And the pitfalls. For example, I've looked at the Oracle Migration Workbench; it seems to me that, because of the ASCII nature of the conversion, this would be of value only for small databases.

If you do have such experience or knowledge, and would be interested in spending some time helping me, could you email me privately.

thanks
Neil Truby
Ardenta Limited (neil.truby_at_ardenta.co.uk) Received on Thu Oct 04 2001 - 13:46:44 CDT