user id from 3-tier environment (sys_context???)

From: Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 00:41:00 GMT

Is there a way to find out who the original user is in a 3-tier environment? This could be for any or all Oracle versions. I thought the sys_context function in 9i would allow me to, but it looks like it will allow me to see who I am, but not see who is logged in from another session.

For example:
If I connect to a middleware app server that connects the database and runs sql commands, I'd like to see that "joeblow" is the one running a query as oracle user appuser1 instead of appuser1.

thanks.
Steve Received on Wed Oct 03 2001 - 19:41:00 CDT