Re: What's the SQL syntax of describing/commenting a table/colllumn

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2001 12:14:17 -0500

Stan Brown (stanb_at_panix.com) wrote:
: I'm drawing a blank on this one.

: How do I add a cooment to a table or a collumn?

Have you tried getting into sqlplus and doing a

> help comment

    COMMENT command

PURPOSE:
    To add a comment about a table, view, snapshot, or column into the     data dictionary.

SYNTAX: COMMENT ON { TABLE [schema.]{table | view | snapshot}

           | COLUMN [schema.]{table | view | snapshot}.column }     IS 'text'

where:

TABLE
    specifies the schema and name of the table, view, or snapshot to be     commented.

COLUMN
    specifies the name of the column of a table, view, or snapshot to be     commented.

--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u