Update one table with values from another

From: GREGORY KNESER <gregoryk_at_futures.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: 2 Oct 2001 14:54:01 GMT

Hello,

Quick question for you today fictionalied below. I have a table (SALES_TABLE) with a set of values in it (they are identifiers for items in a store) and I want to update these identifiers with their price from the lookup table (LOOKUP).

Table structures:

SALES_TABLE:

ITEM_S	PRICE_S
-------	--------

CARZ
CARM
BARBIE1
CARZ
CARZ LOOKUP:
ITEM_L	PRICE_L
CARZ	3.00
CARM	15.00
CARF	9.00
BARBIE1	11.00
BARBIE2	11.76

So, how do I update the SALES_TABLE with the prices from the lookup table?

Thanks for your help,
Greg Received on Tue Oct 02 2001 - 09:54:01 CDT