Re: About 9i on Windows

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:15:46 +0100

Others maybe able to give specific warnings based on experience with 9i. I'd suggest that you should shoot for win2k and only change if absolutely necessary. win2k is absolutely miles better than NT4. It also works just fine with 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 so I would be surprised if there were major platform issues for 9 that didn't also affect NT. I'd be prepared to bet that most of Oracle's internal testing would have been on win2k as well.(that last is just a theory tho')

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA