Re: single workplace application installation with oracle ?

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 04:32:25 GMT

And don't forget that you need to license the ORACLE database, even in an embedded application susch as this. Talk to a sales rep if oracle is really preferred. It can be done, but it will not be cheap.

(regarding alternatives: RAIMA may actually be better for this type of application. It's network model is a little harder to use in development, but once the design is locked down, it is very fast. It is cheaper, but still not free.)