Re: Trigger Trouble

From: Peter Laursen <pl_at_mail1.remove.this.stofanet.dk>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 17:52:39 +0200

"Anurag Varma" <avdbi_at_nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vtet7.39376$w7.7038747_at_news02.optonline.net...
> On NT I have seen that when the screen saver comes on,
some triggers fall
> off the database.
> ... or if it is too hot in the server room :)))))

<SNIP>
Oh come on, NT is a great OS.
A week ago at a customers the NT admin was shuffling around with partitions because we had to make more space for datafiles. Unfortunatly he deleted the wrong partion (boot!) and then uninstalled some software that automagically rebooted the machine. It never came up again (no rescue disk!) It took us 6 hours to reinstall and recover :( Now yesterday he phoned me, they had installed new displaydrivers(!) on the machine and was unable to boot it! I just spent half the day recovering again... Well the recovery process was tested recently and worked flawless :-))

Sorry about the offtopic
Have a nice weekend
/Peter Received on Sat Sep 29 2001 - 10:52:39 CDT