ADO/Oracle 8i/C++

From: Aaron Ruhnow <AaronRuhnow_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Sep 2001 06:01:42 -0700

I have been tasked with troubleshooting a problem with a C++ application that uses ADO to access Oracle. The application was working fine with Oracle 7.3. When upgrading to 8i, a General Protection Fault occurs.

The error apparently happens when calling the C++ method crecordset.getadoeof function (I'm a VB programmer, not a C++ guy, so I don't know exactly how C++ gets to ADO).

The people I have talked to about this problem seem convinced its a "DLL hell" issue. I have read several other posts regarding problems with the compatibility of ADO/MDAC with different Oracle versions.

I know I probably need a lot more details for anyone to give any specific answers. I hope to get them today. If you think of any obvious additional pieces of information I'd need, please let me know.  If anyone has any guesses with this information, I'd love to hear it.

First off, what MDAC version can run Oracle 8i?

Thanks. Received on Fri Sep 28 2001 - 08:01:42 CDT