Oracle 8i and sql*plus

From: Michael L. Hostbaek <michDEL_THIS_at_bsd.fr.eu.org>
Date: 28 Sep 2001 12:03:59 GMT

Hi,

I hope I am posting to the correct ng, if not please accept my apoligies.

Anyway, I have an Oracle 8i running on a Linux Mandrake 7. I am connecting to the server with OpenSSH in aterm on my X system. When I am executing sqlplus, I can write my sql with no problem. After some tweaking I can use my [del] key as backspace. However, I can not use [arrow-up] to access my sql history. And I cannot move around in the current sqlcode, with the arrow-keys.
This is very annoying, cause if I make one little mistake, I have to rewrite to sql.

I hope some of the bright minds of this ng, can shed some light over my problem, and tell me what to do.

Many thanks in advance..

--
Regards,
Michael L. Hostbaek