mdac 2.6 and ODBC connections

From: Hans Börjesson <hansb_at_SPAMvendimo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:18:54 +0200

Hi!

We have a VB6 application which uses RDO 2.0 to access an Oracle database. On some machines it takes several seconds to create a new connection to the database. What we have found out is that a computer where the application works OK (creates a connection <<1 second) and we install mdac 2.6 this delay is turning up.

I have read some documents about the mtxoci.dll from microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q289/2/80.ASP

but changing this file did not help (maybee there are other dependet files?). Any suggestions please let me know.

We are using Oracle 8i. (8.1.6).

--
Med vänlig hälsning/Regards
Hans Börjesson