HELP: Returning recordset (multiple rows) from a stored Proc/func

From: Olaf F. Normann <olafn_at_runit.no>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:58:28 +0200

I'm a newbee to Oracle, but have quite a lot experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase.

I'm used to use stored procedures to retrieve multiple records (rows) from it, and in my client program (VBScript in .asp pages), handle it much the same way as if I used a Select statement.

But this seems impossible in Oracle, it complain that I must send the result from the Select statement into variables: (SELECT field1, field2 INTO var1, var2 FROM table1).

How can I use stored procedures (or functions) to retrieve multiple rows?

Please help!

Olaf F. Normann,
Runit AS, Norway
email: olafn_at_runit.no Received on Thu Sep 27 2001 - 06:58:28 CDT