Accented characters get dropped if they are the end of the string

From: Alexis Orssich <alexis_at_tamar.co.no-spam.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:42:16 +0100

We're having some problems with Oracle and accented characters. When trying to insert certain characters into a field (VARCHAR2). If certain accented characters are entered at the end of the string they get dropped from the string. If we append another character to the end of the string then everything works correctly. Characters with which it occurs are Ï (capital I with an umlaut), ß (german B with a tail - 's' sound), Ò (capital O with an grave accent). We only recently noticed it as it only occurs if the character is at the end of the string.

We're using Oracle v8.1.7 thru Apache/Perl 5.6.1/DBD::Oracle 1.12

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Alexis
alexis_at_tamar.co.uk Received on Thu Sep 27 2001 - 06:42:16 CDT