Re: JDBC for Personal Oracle ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 27 Sep 2001 04:17:28 -0700

"PQ_COMPUTERNAME" <xxx_at_iabg.de> wrote in message news:<9oug1o$ale$1_at_news2.iabg.de>...
> Hi everyone,
>
> is it possible, and if how, to address with JDBC in a Java application on a
> database from Personal Oracle ?
> Everything (Java-application, JDBC, database, etc.) is on one single
> workingolace PC on winNT.
>
> Clues ?

As Personal Oracle comes with a jdbc driver, yes it is possible, and everything works *exactly* like jdbc on the full database. That said, I would recommend you peruse the documentation. Also http://technet.oracle.com has sample code.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Sep 27 2001 - 06:17:28 CDT