Re: read and write to textfiles on "local" box with PL/SQL?

From: D. Motsiff <dalemotsiff_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 04:48:33 GMT

.

i am actually trying to set up a series of SQL reports and PVCS tools for coworkers to run by themselves. In order to save my fellow cubemates from the 'ordeal" of having to copy the files from the remote database to their local drives after running every report, i wanted to save them directly to the local drives for them. ( i know, i know, what's so hard about a 'cp' command, right? <grin>)

but i don't think its possible to do this without confguring the 'init.ora' file to mount the local drives as someone has mentioned. ( i don't have permissions to do this, and if i did, it would surely not make my DBA too happy.)

not too many other options, are there? maybe i could kick off a ftp script from a pl/sql procedure? is this possible from inside a pl/sql block?

thanks for the responses, btw.