Re: WebDB resources

From: Richard Armstrong <richard.armstrong_at_juno.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:07:52 +0100

Can anybody suggest which Oracle product would be suitable for developing a fairly simple web site generating dynamic web pages based on an Oracle database? I believe 8.1.7 has a built in Apache web server. Is it possible to simply install Oracle Portal and generate HTML output by calling relevant stored procedures via an appropriate URL? If so, what is the purpose of the application server?

Richard