Re: Recreate database with different block size

From: Bill Manry <BManry_at_nomail.us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:51:53 GMT

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:10:43 -0400, "Stephen B" <stephen.bell_at_cgi.ca> wrote:
>To change the block size..if I create an identical database with the new
>block size (8K vs 2K) will I be able to import the data from the original?
>My feeling is that I can't ...hopefully someone can confirm or refute that
>assumption.

If you are referring to the Oracle export/import utilities, yes, in general you can export from one blocksize and import to a different one. Certain objects may not be importable to a smaller blocksize than they came from, but that is an unusual situation.

Bill Manry - IBM Products Division - Oracle Corp. USA These are my opinions, not Oracle's. Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 16:51:53 CDT